Our motto is "multum non multa", Quality not Quantity. We are a small school but we are proud of what we offer and as a school community, we stand by our core values of Respect, Responsibility, Doing our Best and Honesty.
Our Mission Statement is "Education for a better quality of life". We believe that while good grades and good reports are important to the future, life is more than a career. We promote cultural, sporting and personal development as part of our education.
Forbes High School will help students to:
- Develop school practices which will encourage self-discipline, a sense of right and wrong and respect for one another.
- Develop good student/teacher relationships, develop rules, rewards and punishments which will help all students to learn.
- Take part in the process of further developing and promoting student welfare and effective learning.
At Forbes High School, we will:
- Provide a safe environment so that effective learning can take place.
- Promote high standards in learning, attendance, punctuality and appearance.
- Promote a commitment to lifelong learning
- Promote national pride.
- Provide strong leadership for staff, students and parents.
- Create positive relationships from within the school community.
- Encourage students to use self-discipline and understand the consequences of their actions.
- Encourage a feeling of belonging at Forbes High School.
- Create a good school tone with students behaving responsibly.
- Encourage students to value themselves, their achievements and others.
- Teach students about the rules and laws of our society.
- Keep to the expectations of each group in the school.
To support our mission to our school community, FHS offers many school initiatives and these have materialized from our Wellness Hub Staff, Service Providers & Youth Wellness Committee including:
- Breakfast Club
- Bro Speak
- Bullying No Way
- Harmony Day
- Meals On Wheels
- Reality Checks
- Peer Skill Leaders
- White Ribbon