Cross curriculum content enriches and supports the learning areas and adds depth to student learning.
In NSW students study a range of learning across the curriculum content.
Cross curriculum priorities
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories and cultures
- Asia and Australia’s engagement with Asia
- critical and creative thinking
- ethical understanding
- information and communication technology capability
- intercultural understanding
- personal and social capability
Other learning across the curriculum areas
- civics and citizenship
- difference and diversity
- work and enterprise.
© NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) for and on behalf of the Crown in right of the State of New South Wales, 2012
Going green activities
Forbes High School participate in a variety of programs that support environmental awareness. These include;
Friday Schools Clean Up Day
National Solar Schools program
NAIDOC Debating Challenge
Students at Forbes High School have the opportunity to participate annually in the NAIDOC Debating Challenge.
Various excursions occur throughout the year to provide students with the opportunity to extend their learning in various subject areas.